Pitch Perfect: call for applications
Pitch Perfect is an opportunity for early stage creative tech businesses to hone their pitching skills in front of an expert panel from the world of business, innovation, technology and education.
We are on the hunt for innovative creative technology ideas. The winning proposal will receive a grant of £500, a 12-month Residency at The Studio, Bath Spa University’s city centre Enterprise and Innovation hub where they will be able to access specialist support from our panel, and free coworking space, to help realise their idea.
We are looking for business ideas that meet the following values:
- Sustainability: Purpose-led projects that will have a last impact in the world
- Creativity: Ideas that explore how technology can support creativity
- Collaboration: Ideas that utilise co-creation and/or collaboration
You need to:
- Be based in the Bath and North East Somerset area
- Fledgling/early stage business or start-up (having started your business within the last two years). You may be a student, graduate or embarking on a second career.
- Have an idea that focuses on creative technology. By ‘creative technology’ we mean interdisciplinary projects that work creatively with technology across digital, arts and culture, science and the humanities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for early stage businesses to gain expert feedback and expand their networks and potentially win the package of support below.
Grant of £500 to support the development of your idea along with a Residency at The Studio which includes:
- Access to a supportive network of innovators, thinkers, and entrepreneurs
- Free coworking desk space (including utility costs) in a city centre location for up to 12 months
- Free WIFI access
- Bookable meeting rooms, maker space and breakout spaces
- Free workshops, events, and access to specialist support
How to Apply:
The application is straightforward and flexible. You can either submit a 500 words statement, a mind map, or a 1-minute video/audio recording of your idea and submit online using this form.
If you have been successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to pitch your idea to our panel. Think ‘Dragon’s Den’ except our dragons are a lot more soft and friendly – they will be there to help you. The pitch will involve a 5-minute presentation and time will be allocated at the end for questions. Further details of this pitching session will be sent in advance to help you prepare.
- The deadline for applications is the 29th October.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified on Thursday 4th November
- The Pitching Event will be between 10am and 3pm on Tuesday 16th November at The Studio
Should you have any queries then please contact Abigail Branagan, The Studio Manager: email@example.com, t: 01225 876785.
Call document can also be accessed here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hosted by The Studio/Bath Spa University in partnership with Digital Wonderlab and with support from our friends at The House and Business West/Innovate UK.